Who is it for?
Anyone over 16, especially useful for managers, HR and First Aiders (physical).
What will I learn on the Online Mental Health First Aid course?
- To identify the early signs of mental ill health.
- Confidence in starting a conversation about mental health.
- To provide help to prevent mental ill health from getting worse, and aid quicker recovery.
- To feel confident guiding someone towards appropriate support.
The new online version of the Adult MHFA course delivers the same evidenced-based learning outcomes as the face to face course in an accessible and flexible online format. The course is structured around a blend of individual learning and live sessions, conducted online via online MHFA England’s Online Learning Hub.
It typically takes 15 hours to complete the course. Individual learning should take place prior to each of the relevant live sessions.
Live Session One – 1 hour 45 mins (pre session learning 1 hour)
- Why Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)?
- The MHFA action plan
- What is mental health?
- Impact of mental health issues
- Stigma and discrimination
- What is depression?
- Symptoms and risk factors for depression
- Depression in the workplace
Live Session Two – 2 hours 20 mins (pre session learning 2 hours)
- Suicide figures
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- First aid for suicidal crisis
- Non-judgemental listening skills
- First aid for depression
- Treatment and resources for depression
Live Session Three – 2 hours (pre session learning 2 hours)
- What is an anxiety disorder?
- First aid for anxiety disorders
- Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
- Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
- Treatment and resource for anxiety disorder
- Cognitive distortions and CBT
- Personality disorders
- Eating disorders
- Self harm
Live Session Four – 1 hour 55 mins (pre session learning 2 hours)
- What is psychosis?
- Risk factors for psychosis
- Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
- Bipolar disorder
- Warning signs of developing psychosis
- Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
- Treatment and resources for psychosis
- Recovery and building resources
- Action planning for using MHFA
Delegates will be supported through their learning journey by a qualified MHFA Instructor and will receive a manual to refer to whenever needed, a workbook including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health and a certificate of attendance.
Read MHFA England’s FAQs about the Online MHFA course.
Cost: £300 + VAT pp
To book a place or to discuss how we can deliver training to a group please email: email@example.com or call 01243 957667
For details of our ‘in house’ delivery for teams please get in touch.