Who is it for?
Anyone over 16, especially useful for managers and HR.
What will I learn on the 1 day Mental Health First Aid Champion course?
Mental Health First Aid Champions are able to:
- Recognise the main signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide initial help
- Guide the person towards appropriate professional help
- Develop an understanding of how they can create and maintain a healthier and more productive workforce
- Be mindful of their own wellbeing
The course is taught through a mix of group activities, presentation and discussions and each session is built around an MHFA action plan.
- About Mental Health First Aid
- About Mental Health and stress in the workplace
- Anxiety Disorders
- Other mental health issues (eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis)
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- Applying the Mental Health First Aid Action Plan
- Building a mentally healthy workplace
- Action Planning
Everyone who completes the course gets a workbook, an MHFA manual and Line Manager’s Resource and certificate to say they are an MHFA Champion.