Who is it for?
Suitable for all staff over 16.
What will I learn on the half day Mental Health First Aid Awareness Course?
Learning outcomes include:
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
The 4 hour course is taught through a mix of group activities, presentation and discussion.
- What is mental health?
- Supporting mental health in the workplace
- Stress vulnerability and the stress container model
- The mental health continuum
- Thinking distortions
- Mental Health conditions
- Depression, anxiety disorders, psychosis and schizophrenia
- Bipolar disorder, eating disorders,
- Mental health and risk: suicide and self-harm
- Stigma and mental health issues
- Take 10 Together Toolkit – tips for supportive conversations
- Helpful resources
- Useful statistics
Everyone who completes the course gets a workbook, an MHFA manual and certificate to say they are MHFA aware.