MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID CHAMPION
One-day certificated course
Who is it for?
Anyone over 16, especially useful for managers and HR.
What will I learn on the 1 day Mental Health First Aid Champion course?
Mental Health First Aid Champions are able to:
- Recognise the main signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide initial help
- Guide the person towards appropriate professional help
- Develop an understanding of how they can create and maintain a healthier and more productive workforce
- Be mindful of their own wellbeing
The course is taught through a mix of group activities, presentation and discussions and each session is built around an MHFA action plan.
This course has been beneficial to me on both a professional and personal level. I feel much more confident in dealing with these situations. Lots of practical tips and resources to use in the workplace.
- About Mental Health First Aid
- About Mental Health and stress in the workplace
- Anxiety Disorders
- Other mental health issues (eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis)
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- Applying the Mental Health First Aid Action Plan
- Building a mentally healthy workplace
- Action Planning
For more details of our upcoming courses please call Ali on 01243 957667 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively register below and we’ll be in touch.
Everyone who attends the course will receive a copy of the Mental Health First Aid Manual, Workbook and Line Manager’s Resource to help support their mental health first aid practice.